Online conference about product growth and design. I shared findings from the research about hiring product designers at a scale. Fun fact: this was the most upvoted talk in the product design section.
I worked in New York, London, and Moscow as a product manager, designer, and founder.
- Founded a comprehensive hiring platform for product teams, overseeing the project lifecycle from ideation to launch.
- Implemented peer-to-peer review functionality, a video interview platform, and a machine learning-based candidate search utilizing computer vision, speech-to-text, and vector embeddings.
- Led the retention product team at a Y-Combinator backed startup.
- Developed an ML-based product recommendation system, oversaw the launch of the native mobile app, and improved customer experience across various touchpoints.
- Established and grew a design department from the ground up to over 30 product designers and engineers.
- Introduced the first open-sourced, industrial-grade design system in Russian fintech and oversaw a comprehensive redesign of the retail and corporate online banking experience.
- Played a crucial role in digital transformation, transitioning most operations from branches to online channels and significantly growing the active online user base.
- Incorporated the design thinking framework into the organizational culture to enhance strategic initiatives.
- Redesigned an internal mobile security platform over six months.
- Delivered UI layouts and collaborated with engineers to enhance UX for iOS and Android apps.
Consulted on information architecture for Yandex.Disk mobile apps as interim lead product designer.
Merged the studio with Molinos ad. agency in 2010, transitioning it into their web production department.
Grew my design studio to nine employees, establishing it as a prominent web production in St Petersburg by 2009.
- Co-founded a startup in high school, developing a market—leading LAN center automation software.
- Managed UI and website design, and online advertising.
- Conducted direct sales and customer support, selling over 100 copies in the first year.
- Expanded sales operations by hiring and training new sales personnel.
I studied visual arts, data science, user research, and coding to excel in building products.
Design Line Boost—2
900+ online attendees. Educational event held by Design Line, Sergei Krasotin and Alexander Kovalsky.
~500 attendees. One of the most popular regular design conferences in Russia.
2042 attendees. The biggest tech conference in Siberia, Russia.
~300 attendees. Fundraising, lecture on product design.
20 000 people from 180 countries. This is an international festival with top speakers. I prepared a special speech on the future of the design profession (hence 2022).
~1500 attendees. Fundraising for an event and a lecture on digital product design.
~120 attendees. The regular event hosted by Mail.Ru, usually focused on one specific design topic (this one was on Design Systems).
The Moscow chapter of Dribbble meetup took place for the 6th time in June 2017. The event is hosted in the headquarters of Mail.Ru, one of the top 5 internet companies in Russia, and brings together the Russian Design community. 1000+ attendees and 10000 online viewers.
~1000+ attendees. Fundraising, lecture on product design.
One of the biggest tech conferences in Russia, accompanied by a special online feed organized by Habr, the biggest tech community in Russia. Habr invited me for an interview and as a moderator. At the peak moment, there were a whopping 10000 online viewers.
1782 attendees. The biggest tech conference in Siberia, Russia
This is my first public speech. My first speech in English and abroad. The story behind this picture: I used to study the History of Arts in St. Petersburg State Hermitage. I took part in a student exchange program between the Hermitage and Kunsthalle (Hamburg). As a part of this program, a dozen selected students who participated in scientific work were invited to talk about it in Germany. Luckily, someone (I believe, Nikita Kanukov) took a picture of me talking in public in 1997.